Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentines

I LOVE, love, love Valentines. I know it's cheesy. I know it is marketed to guilt people and earn more profits for "THE MAN!"(who is the man?) But I LOVE it.

I have twinkle red light on the house with little light up hearts. Aaron insists that the neighbors think I'm insane or lazy & haven't taken down Christmas lights but those little lights shining in the window at night bring me joy.

I love being born in February and feeling a kinship with this holiday. My family (MOM especially) always went out of their way to make me feel so loved at this time of the year.

I have tried to pass this onto my kids. This year the "date" questions started mid-January..... "what day is it?" "How many more days does that make it to Valentines?" They can't wait to acknowledge the people they care about in their lives. Be it at school, church or home. I know we love people all year-round but this time of year is a reminder....if you haven't gone out of your way for the ones you love...DO IT NOW!!!

I'm thankful for the extra time spent in thought this month about all my loves. My life is truly blessed and better because of those that I have the honor of loving. I am a better person because of all of you. I promise to continue to love you all more fully and provide even better for all your needs.

And of coarse special LOVE for Aaron. You are my everything! You still treat me like a princess everyday & I love you for it. Who would have thought that the bliss we felt as newlyweds could become an even more sustaining JOY as the years go by and we continue to honor our Temple Covenants. You are truly my everything!!! I love you!! (but you already know that....he he)

1 comment:

The Gidley's said...

I love you Natalie for who you are and I MISS you!!!
Hugs & Kisses ~ Mom